XXL Classic - Stopped after update

TomTom Model(s)
xxl classic -GQ
after getting regular emails from tom tom to update my device.
When i tried to update it, it asked for back up but whenever i tried to back up it stuck with message that i do not have 673.2 GB of free space.
Then i tried to update without back up and now it stopped working, it switches on but does nothing and a red cross sign (X) shows on screen.
It is worst device i ever used, battery life is rubbish and takes long time to find signals but still it was working fine after finding signals but now it stopped completely.
after reading instructions from forum, i tried to follow processes on this link(https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1898/locale/en_gb) but after deleting application when i tried to update my device it stuck with a message "there is not enough hard disc space on my computer, it require 673.2 GB space "

Now I even dont have application and dont know what to do, please help

Would love to see a screen shot of that! GB or MB?
How much free space DO you have on your PC's hard drive?
The important thing is that at some point in the past, you have successfully backed up your unit so as to preserve your maps. Do you know if you have ever had a prior successful backup?

As for battery life -- the XXL Classic was sold over a considerable period of time. Did you get yours new, and when?

Hi,

Thank you very much for quick reply, serial number is GQ and i am in UK.

On hard drive i got 130 gb free
I dont have any back up of maps, but i can see it in folder of device, tried to copy onto computer manually but its not working.
Yes, i think, when i bought it last year i did a back up but due to my change of my computer i dont have any backup.
I bought this last year from Amazon (private seller) and only realised after received that this is refurbished not the new (my mistake).

Based on another advise, i have managed to delete application from it but after deleting application its not showing in update and dont know how to bring it back, it took 2 hours to scan and take back up but didnt finish and stopped in middle with errors.

Interesting - so Home cannot back up the unit to your hard drive, and you cannot manually back up things (like your map folder) to your hard drive? I think we need to deal with that first and foremost as it indicates another kind of problem that may make any update or installation impossible.

With your device connected via USB, it should be possible to drag and drop any file or folder from your XXL to your PC's hard drive. If you attempt to copy something smaller to your PC (just one file from the root directory of your XXL, for example), does that work? I am wondering if there is some corrupt information in your map folder that is indicating file sizes far in excess of reality, and that Home and your PC see those absurd entries and believe they would not fit on your PC's drive.

And while we are at it -- please use your PC to browse to where you can see the map folder (I don't know which map(s) you have, but the folder name will be something like UK&ROI or Western_Europe or something like that which identifies the geography being covered) -- and right click that folder and select "Properties" to see how big your PC things the folders contents really are and advise what you find.

Ask a Question