XXL 550TM lifetime map memory problem

Upon plugging my gps unit into my Apple laptop and installing HOME software, I was satisfied with the original outcome.

Then I found the slip of paper in the box guaranteeing lifetime map updates for USA_Canada_Mexico. I opened HOME up and entered the activation code provided on the slip of paper. It downloaded the map and tried installing it. It stopped installing with approximately 20% left to go, so I aborted.

After properly unplugging the device and replugging it in, I browsed the HOME software to the part labeled 'Manage your navigation device.' Long story short, I found that I have no maps on my device right now, but I do have the USA_Canada_Mexico map (1664 MB) on my computer. My XXL 550TM has 1652 MB available after deleting all files on my navigation device aside from the required application.

How can I fit this map on my device?
Or
How can I revert my device back to the state it was right out of the box, without the guaranteed lifetime updated map?

Surely this device cannot be this poorly designed. Please help.

You could also go to Tomtom HOME, and do "add traffic,voices,etc" then keep tabbing until you see"Items on my computer" and choose it.

From that screen, you can add any maps on your computer.

Ask a Question