xxl 550 tm spoken street names

I have installed the computer voices by downloading and it does not show up when I go to change voices and without being able to choose the computer voice I am unable to have spoken street names. Any ideas on what is wrong. When I check on Tomtom home 2.7 it shows the computer voice is installed but it does not show up in the list of voices. I have tried removing and reinstalling the computer voice but it still hasn't helped. Thanks in advance for any help

Have you tried resetting the unit? Not sure if you have a dedicated reset hole on that model. If not, hold the power button for about 20 seconds.

Spoken Voice

Try setting the voice with the device disconnected. The remote console of Home will not do much of anything with Computer voices. I know I get strange sounds with Home but the device works fine when it is disconnected.

Just a thought

Thanks, I tried resetting by holding the power button and it reset but it still will not give the option of switching to the computer voice

Try setting the voice with the device disconnected. The remote console of Home will not do much of anything with Computer voices. I know I get strange sounds with Home but the device works fine when it is disconnected.

Just a thought
Thanks for the reply. I have tried with the unit not hooked up and still no luck

When I look at the US website for TomTom and the 550 series with 'EasyMenu', I see no reference to text to speech being available for that series of units.........that could be the problem.

Thank you for the correction.....

What is the application version installed on your unit? (tap the satellite bars to see the version on the next screen).

And use Explorer to confirm you have either a LoquendoTTS folder or a Vocalizer folder on your unit

Thank you for the correction.....

What is the application version installed on your unit? (tap the satellite bars to see the version on the next screen).

And use Explorer to confirm you have either a LoquendoTTS folder or a Vocalizer folder on your unit
The fix is in. Support had me remove all the voice except for the computer voice (Susan) and then it had me reinstall the operating system. Then the voice was there and everything is working fine. In answer to your question I have loquendo tts folder.
The only other issue now is I can not load the safety cameras but that seems to be an issue with tomtom that has not been resolved. I would like to know if anyone else has been able to download and install the safety cameras. Also thanks for your help

Which is why I asked what application was on your unit....

TomTom often has two (or more) versions of an application, one for text to speech models and one for those without the functionality. Appears you had the wrong (non TTS) app installed.

You were then provided with the proper one which works.

Ask a Question