XXL 540S World Edition Specs

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 540S World Traveler Edition
I just received my first GPS - I purchased the XXL 540S World Edition
When I was shopping I could not find the answer to these questions so thought I would post the answers now

From the Info panel:
Device Memory: 3773.5 mb
Free Space: 585.8 mb
Installed Memory: 3187.7 mb

The Western Eurpoean Map 2 GB is 1580 MB and does not include Greece

Welcome to TTF! Thanks for the input. The 5" screen on that device is quite nice, in my opinion.

Map of Greece fits

Thanks, I am really enjoying the 5 inch screen -

I downloaded and installed the Map for Greece and still have plenty of room. -

I am looking forward to using the GPS in March for our trip to Italy and this summer in Greece - I am impressed with the map of Greece - we live in a very small village - less than 20 people - and the map has the location and knows the road is paved only half way up the mountain. -

We plan to use our unit in Italy this summer as well.

Venice should be, uh, interesting..........;)

I just took a quick look at how Tomtom implements Venice in the map. All the walkways are mapped as roads blocked in both directions, so it should work properly in "walking mode". The rivers are unnavigable rivers images and not mapped as roads.

The real roads into the train station are mapped as roads.

So seems like things should work well.

Hopefully the battery will hold a charge long enough to do some walking there.

My last (only) time in that fascinating city, the streets were really for ambulatory traffic only and it was interesting to see how the merchants got their goods from boats in the canals to their shops.

Looking forward to getting back there.........

Half the fun in Venice is getting lost. I recommend leaving the Tomtom in the hotel...

Mvl, it was hilarious when Bev and I got off the water taxi with our luggage and tried to find the hotel we had booked. (this in about 95 degree temps).

Up and down one street, over bridges and back............

Up and down a second street, over bridge and back..........

Finally, found the proper Holiday Inn on the 3rd stret we tried..........:)

Ask a Question