Xxl 535, 540, 550

can anyone tell me, in simple terms, what is the difference between the XXL535, XXL540 and XXL550? Thanks

The 535 has USA & Canada maps, the 540 includes Mexico.

The 550 has the 'EasyMenu' which is greatly simplified and results in many fewer user options.

Avoid it like the plague! (in my humble opinion! :) )

The biggest differences are between the 535/540 and the 550. I do not recommend the 550. With that model, you lose a LOT of menu options with their EasyMenu system. You'll find entire threads here either complaining about it or trying to work around it. That includes such useful functions as itinerary planning.

New Navcore 9.150 on XL350

The 535 has USA & Canada maps, the 540 includes Mexico.

The 550 has the 'EasyMenu' which is greatly simplified and results in many fewer user options.

Avoid it like the plague! (in my humble opinion! :) )

I have 350 which uses the same easy menu as the 550. TomTom just updated a new version of Navcore to 9.150 with more choices on the easy menu. It is much better.:)

You now get "Browse as text", Browse as images", Browse map of route", and "Show route Demo" in the "Details" button of your route calculation. The "Change route" button gives you "Avoid part of route" now.

Still no "Itinerary planning" :(

The downside to the 535/540 is they only connect at USB 1.1 speeds where the 550 has USB 2.0. Much quicker at copying files to and from the unit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information about 9.150, Astan.

Been waiting to hear about its release.

Ask a Question