xx5505 map help needed bad

hello to all
my son thinking he knew what to delete also deleted maps in my xxl 550t is there a way to update my device with out having to buy new updated maps from tomtom site.???
thanks i've check the recycling bin nothing there

Was the map the original that came with the device or an update? If an orginal, unless you have a backup, only dealing with a sympathetic CS agent at 866-486-6866 who might assign the map to your account will work.

If it WAS an update, then we can probably do something about that.

Just for the heck of it, connect the unit to Home, Add voices/maps-->arrow right to 'items on my computer'. Do you see anything under 'maps' you can select to install?

no he said he just went to f drive and did it from there
i bought the unit use from ebay a while back never had issues with it always updated thru home .

Was the map the original that came with the device or an update? If an orginal, unless you have a backup, only dealing with a sympathetic CS agent at 866-486-6866 who might assign the map to your account will work.

If it WAS an update, then we can probably do something about that.

Just for the heck of it, connect the unit to Home, Add voices/maps-->arrow right to 'items on my computer'. Do you see anything under 'maps' you can select to install?

Shot in the dark.........

Do a google search for Undelete tools and try to run one on the unit's drive BUT DON'T WRITE TO THE DRIVE BEFORE YOU RUN THE TOOL.

You may get lucky...................

Ask a Question