XP cannot find drivers

When I try to connect my TT to my XP Home computer the TT starts OK and asks me if I want to connect to Computer, answer YES and it shows a picture of a TT with cable attached but TT Home says no device connected.

I used my laptop running MS 7 and it connects OK.

I would prefer to use my home PC rather than the laptop.

I have tried all the suggested remedies on other forums without success, Anyone have a solution?

Jim

Welcome to TTF, Jim

What model do you have? And have you tried a reset on the unit (either a dedicated reset hole or by holding the power button about 10-15 seconds, depending upon model).

Also............

Use a usb port on the back of the computer instead of the front and definitely NOT a port in a usb hub or keyboard.

And, is the cable that connects to the notebook also the one you used for the pc?

In your title you say that Windows XP cannot find drivers, but in the post itself you say that it is TT Home which cannot see the device.
These are two very different things!

When you connect to the PC, ignore Home for a moment.
Can you see the TomTom as a new disk drive when you look in My Computer or Windows Explorer?

Something like this:
(Don't worry if the icons and drive names are sligtly different, or if you only have one TT drive shown)

TT_Drives.jpg

Ask a Question