XL340M Trip Rout Options

Looks like I am not the only one seeing this problem.

This is a very *common* practice--just to take major highways instead of the backroads/local streets (otherwise why do we need highways).

I don't mind a bit longer distance, or a bit longer time. I want less on my brakes and less hassle going thru' all the traffic lights (even if there's no traffic)--just less headaches for me.

I just want a simple pt A to pt B thru' the * highways *, it's just that simple.

Can TomTom provide this very * simple basic * option -- so to override the IQ route/whatever route 'method'?

I think TomTom is adding fancy features but has forgotten the very *basics*.

During heavy traffic sure one might need some detour around the congestion. But for 'normal life' *everyone* wants to go thru' the highways. It's true for me for sure. Some might prefer local streets and there's an option to 'avoid highways' already. Why no option to 'prefer highways'?

For now, I'd just turn off the GPS--ignore all the routes--and go back to my paper map (it only takes a minute) -- and only use it when I am navigating within local streets.

Anyone found a way out of this please let me know... .

I have to say--I begin to love Google maps. It gives you several options--by the various 'highway' routes (with time for each route). I just select the highway route I prefer (knowing how much time it'd take) and I am all set. Very nice. Simple to the consumer. It gets the job done nicely. I think TomTom should do something like this.

Should not be difficult to add this feature at all.

Last edited:
fk91km;
I sure do agree with your feelings on these play toy GPS's .

Can't remember if it is Mastercard or Visa that says Don't leave home without it. .

Printed maps can talk and they also say Don't Leave Home Without It :D: :D :D. It's in the fine print somewhwere :p

If I had not kept my TomTom past the return for refund period, that is where it would be now and I would be 120 bucks to the good.

Ask a Question