XL340 speed only displays to 151 km/h?

TomTom Model(s)
XL340
My XL340 will only display to 151 km/h, beyond that it will just read 151. Is this the case for all Tom Toms?

Welcome to TTF.

Now, tell me, where in Oz did you happen to stumble upon this? ;)

I've never seen it reported before but that doesn't mean there isn't a glitch in the software.

You are aware the gps speed IS accurate, your speedometer will read more, up to 10% more for some cars/conditions.

This occurred on Lakeside Raceway near Brisbane, QLD, Australia. It would peak at 151 while I was still accelerating. I had a passenger in the car observing the Tom Tom display and it stopped halfway down the straight at 151 every time (indicated speed near 190 on speedo at end).

I will see what I can find out, Eric.

--------------------------------------------------
Think it is an issue with your unit as there are posters who take their units on planes and report the recorded speed on the gps often shows over 500 kph.

Last edited:
Just for grins, switch units to from kmph to mph and see if you can beat 91. I've seen my TomTom over that number (ahem) here in the U.S.

Just for grins, switch units to from kmph to mph and see if you can beat 91. I've seen my TomTom over that number (ahem) here in the U.S.

I've seem mine at least 20 over that number once or twice on my motorcycle. ;)

My XL340 will only display to 151 km/h, beyond that it will just read 151. Is this the case for all Tom Toms?

No answer from over my side of the pond. Personally I haven't driven 90MPH for a while, and for sure not in a situation wherein I would be looking at a small segment of a GPS screen;)

Now, when the USAF had me in Germany, that was another thing:) (my wife did the navigating from paper maps)

Ask a Question