XL330 satellite lock worse since update

TomTom Model(s)
XL
Hey,

Just got a brand new XL330 two days ago. It used to pickup signals and lock-on indoors straight out of the box. Now that I updated it will no longer pick up any signals. I took it outside and let it sit forever and only get two satellites and no position on the map. WTF? :mad:

Tried a factory reset but did not help.

Updated I did before this happened:
QuickGPSfix Data
Shut down images
Startup images
Points of interest
Car symbols
Maps

Please help me.
Thanks

Hey,

Just got a brand new XL330 two days ago. It used to pickup signals and lock-on indoors straight out of the box. Now that I updated it will no longer pick up any signals. I took it outside and let it sit forever and only get two satellites and no position on the map. WTF? :mad:

Tried a factory reset but did not help.

Updated I did before this happened:
QuickGPSfix Data
Shut down images
Startup images
Points of interest
Car symbols
Maps

Please help me.
Thanks

Sometimes, the QuickGPSfix data is faulty and throws things off (btw, the unit is capable of getting a signal with no download of that file).

Anyway, try a pin reset.... (not factory reset).

If no help, try this: navigate to this folder on your hard drive using Explorer: C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\ephemeris and delete all the files you see there.

Now try the unit. Any better?

After deleting the files in the folder, a connection via Home using Update will offer a dl of the quickfix file again.

Hey whats a pin reset?
Is it where you take a paper clip and push it into the hole?

I don't have that on mine :confused:

Hey whats a pin reset?
Is it where you take a paper clip and push it into the hole?

I don't have that on mine :confused:

If that is the case with your model, I think TT suggests you power off and hold the button for about 3 or 4 seconds and then power on and hold the button for the same amount of time.

Ask a Question