XL330 - "Poor GPS reception"

I have a new TomTom XL330 I got as a gift, and it worked great for a while and had no problems picking up satellites. Now every time I turn it on it says "Poor GPS reception - are you inside a building?", even while outside on a clear day.

Weird part is in the GPS status thingy, 6 of the bars with numbers are gray while outside, which to me indicates that it has 6 satellites (and the gray bars are above the little lines).

It's all updated as well

You have downloaded the latest gpsquickfix file? If not, do so. If you have, try a pin reset. May speed up the signal capture.

Not sure if your model has a 'reset' hole in the bottom. If so, use a paperclip and hold it in the hole for about 5 seconds or so.

If your model does not have a reset hole (it'll be marked but maybe not too clearly), then hold down the power on button for about 15 seconds. (until you hear the drum sounds). That's the equivalent to a pin reset.

You have downloaded the latest gpsquickfix file? If not, do so. If you have, try a pin reset. May speed up the signal capture.
OK I have the same problem I did download the latest gpsquickfix, and I did reset my TOM TOM XL 330 S still won't connect it says poor signal, although when I connect via TOM TOM HOME it shows excellent connection as soon as I disconnect and connect with my device it still says poor GPS connection, I tried to install TOM TOM HOME few times with no luck any HELP????

When you use the emulator (Operate my Unit) is just a depiction of satellite reception, it's not a real message.

So....when you try to connect when the unit is not connected to the computer, are you in an open area and is the unit stationary?

Ask a Question