XL2 Battery Charging Indication in-car

I have a Tomtom XL2 (XLsquared), which I'm certain is not charging in the car, but how do you know?

When charging from the PC I can see the green battery indicator on one of the screens showing 'charging', but NOT in the car.

Tomtom have been useless on this subject; their customer support woman keeps talking about a green light, which I'm sure is at the bottom RHS of the front rim on other models, but not the XL2

They are sending me a replacement car charging lead, which I'm not convinced will do the trick. There is 12v in the cig lighter (measured with a multimeter) but I dont know whether the lead is picking it up.

QUESTIONS;
1) DOES THE DISPLAY SHOW THAT THE BATTERY IS CHARGING WHEN THE DEVICE IS PLUGGED INTO THE CAR>
2) DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE AN XL2 AND A TOYOTA YARIS, AND ARE THERE ANY PROBS PICKING UP A CHARGE FROM THE CIG LIGHTER

Thanx
OLDGIT

If you press the satellite bars (lower right corner), you should see another screen showing the number of satellites you're locked onto. In the upper right corner there's a battery icon. If it's charging it should show you it's charging.

Hope this helps.

Thanx Rick

I suspected that it should show charging the same way from the cigar lighter as from the PC, but I couldn't get the Cust Support woman to confirm it.
That means the replacement charger lead they are sending may work, or if not the problem is in the car itself.

Thanx again Rick

Anyone got a Yaris? Does it charge in yours?

Oldgit

Ask a Question