XL Live stuck in startup loop

TomTom Model(s)
XL Live
Hi,

Please forgive this thread, I know its a topic that's been covered many many times but I cannot seem to fix my problem.

The unit shows the tom tom logo and that's it, a 20 sec hold down of the on button goes to the reboot screen with the drums but then the red tom tom logo appears and that's it.

I have gone into my PC and connected and I can see it working remotely, so as advised elsewhere I changed a favourite, but that made no difference.

I then deleted the files and reinstalled them as another piece of advice suggested and that also has made no difference it still wont start up.

I'm beginning to think the unit is probably beyond help, but I am hoping that someone may be able to come up with another suggestion (that doesn't involve launching it out of the window)

Thanks

Frank

Hi,

Yes that was the process I followed, I didn't do anything with any mapsettings file. Once I followed those steps the device went through a couple of update processes but it still wouldn't start up.

Try deleting the MapSettings.cfg file.
It's in the map folder (called "Great Britain" or "Europe" or something similar, dependant on whether you have a regional or full Europe model)

I have now deleted the .cfg file and no change, also redone all the previous ideas also and I still get the tomtom logo only and nothing else in an on/off loop.

I can see the device working in home.....

am now at a loss, will it need sending back or just go buy a new unit?

Thanks

Sorry for delay replying, I've been off-line for a bit and been battling to catch up with various forums.

Assuming you have made a full backup, have you tried completely re-formatting the TT's internal memory?

Once you've done that, you can use Home to re-install the operating system and at least one voice, then copy the map back from your backup.

Thanks Andy, youre a star!!

Did the reformat and It took best part of the day to download the files but the device appears to be working now.

Now to try to log in to my account to get my live services back!!

Thanks one again

Ask a Question