XL Live IQ Europe, switching bought maps

I have an XL Live IQ Routes Europe with full european maps installed.

I am travelling to the USA and wish to download USA maps, however when I try to do this TomTom home tells me I do not have enough memory.
I have created a back up of the system files with the European maps and it seems to me that if I continue to purchase the USA-Canada maps, it will have to delete the Euopre ones.

Do I have to delete Europe and then restore from the back up after I am finished my trip loosing the USA maps forever or is there a way I can save and switch for future use?

Copy (using Explorer) your map folder(s) to your computer. Now there is enough room to download and install the USA_Canada map on the unit.

When you are finished your trip and returned to Europe, again use Explorer to copy the USA_Canada map to your computer. And use Explorer to copy back to the unit the European maps.

I would suggest you use Explorer as mentioned for the moving maps back and forth, don't trust Home to do so.

In the future, if you plan to return to the States, repeat the process....

I know exactly how you feel; I work all over Europe so I?ve just bought the XL live, it?s not even a week old but after downloading the map updates it rendered it useless. I?ve had to dig out my old Garmin, it?s 4 years old but at least I can drive from Germany to Spain without having to dig out a map!

Thanks Dhn.

I'm so relieved to hear it's possible.

Just a question of clarification. I've had a good look through all of the associated folders installed on the computer. I don't know what root file maps have though so I can't identify where the maps are currently stored.
Treating the TomTom like an external hard drive, I found a file folder called "Central and Western Europe". Am I correct to assume that these are the files I need to copy to the hard drive?

That sounds like the map folder (check that there are a bunch of files in it) that you'd need to copy to the computer.

Ask a Question