XL IQ Routes ? no full postcodes

I've just started using my tomtom - it was a gift from my wife who was told at the shop that it could find routes by street names. She assumed that it was in addition to finding routes by postcodes.
I've found that this version only allows the first four postcode digits then asks for the street name and house number, which makes life a bit awkward because many places I go to don't have numbers - I've had to guess the number to get as near as possible then find the place myself!
Is it at all possible to download full postcodes?

Thanks for that.
I've copied the files into the tomtom using copy - paste from the computer. The files are there, but nothing's actually changed.
Any idea where I've gone wrong?

Have you actually unzipped the files from the .zip file and placed them in the zip folder?

Well, use Explorer to make one called 'zip' (no quotes, all lower case) in the root of the unit where all the other folders reside.

Then place the unzipped (yeah, poor choice of words) into the zip folder you've created.

Try that.

Last edited:

Ask a Question