XL IQ Routes connection issue after upgrade

TomTom Model(s)
XL IQ Routes
First post...

Updated my XL IQ Routes on Friday after receiving an email to let me know that a new map was available. First problem I noticed was that post code search was not possible, tried to connect to my computer to resolve and found that doesn't work anymore either:

- No sound from PC when connection made
- No question from device asking if I want to connect to the computer
- Green light on so the device is receiving power via USB

The device works fine otherwise but without postcode. I've tried;

- Holding power for 30secs to reset device
- Different USB ports
- and every other variation on the above

Help! Looks like an update has wrecked my device :mad:

attachment.php

Attachments

• TT_Forums_Essentials_Arrow.jpg
    TT_Forums_Essentials_Arrow.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 749
I also have this problem.
I have a TomTom One with IQ Routes.
I upgraded last week after being told there was an update.
When I tried to use it there is a big white X in a Red circle.
Tried updating again, it says I need more space (129GB) on my PC to complete the backup.
I've happily used the update several times in the past as I've had my Tom Tom for 3 years.
HELP!!

So, Andy_P
Have tried all the solutions on System Recovery, Parts 1 & 2.
Found there was no MapSettings.cfg file.
When copying the contents of my Tom Tom to a backup folder found there were some files (not in folders) which I could not copy or delete (It said they couldn't be read). They all seem to have non alphanumeric characters e.g. |[¬
I tried to use Tom Tom home to update but when it does the backup bit, it comes up with a message saying it needs 90 GB of disc space. Before I deleted the non-folder files it said it needed 129 GB.
I can't help feeling that it is something to do with these strange files.
I had never done a manual backup before of my Tom Tom because I have never had any problems, but I did one of all the files except the dodgy ones. Then I deleted all the non-folder files off my Tom Tom.
Should I try reformatting my Tom Tom and then copying back everything that I backed up?

Yes, those files with the funny characters are corrupt files. So, after you have made the Explorer backup of all the possible files you can, then format the unit. Don't use quickformat.

Well I formatted my TomTom then copied the files back, but then had to use TomTom Home twice to get it working. Once for the map update, after which it said I had no maps on my TT. Then connected again and updated the application, after this it worked but I have no Favourites or Home. Do I have to start from scratch for my favourites? I couldn't find a file called 'Favourites' in my backup folder.

The favourites, recent destinations, Home location are kept in a file called mapsettings.cfg which resides in the specific map folder.

So, if you've made a backup, just copy the file from the backed up specific map folder to the new specific map folder on the device.

Ask a Question