XL Display View PLEASE HELP

Hello and welcome to me! I'm new.

I've just bought an XL Classic and it's all wonderful except the display is always zoomed out so far that the 3D map covers many miles, so I can't see the the road or the turnings. The voice tells me where to go, but I'd like to be able to follow the green arrow around roundabouts etc.

I've hunted through the preferences, but am I missing something basic?

Please help,

Kaipa
xxx

Okay, welcome to TTF! :D

From your description, you are describing the 2D view, not the 3D view which does depict the vehicle as it is moving along the road.

Do you have a preference on that model for Automatic zooming? And, if so, what is your setting.

Hello.

No definately in 3D. And no automatic zoom that I can find (the user guide was pitifully slim and I can't find any online info). When I go to the display view it starts quite close in (the street I'm on) but straight away zooms out so that it shows almost all of London, England (where I am) and it stays at that zoom level, so the route I enter is just invisibly small to see.

It's a XL Classic Europe.

??

Am assuming your model shows the + and - buttons in the upper corners. Give those a try to adjust the zoom to a level you can work with.

The model should to auto-zooming. But it only works if you have a route set. So make sure that, even if you know where you're going, that you set a destination.

Ask a Question