XL 350 Screen Got Wet - Still Works But Colors Are Wrong

TomTom Model(s)
XL 350M
My TomTom XL 350 was lying flat with its screen facing up when it got drenched with water. It still navigates with no problems, but the colors on the LCD screen are no longer correct. The blue areas are now green, and in some cases, part of the window is the correct blue, the other is green.

This happened two weeks ago. I had put the unit in an uncovered bowl of rice for 24 hours (it's supposed to draw out moisture), but that didn't help.

Just wondering if someone who has some knowledge of LCD screens knows if this type of damage can resolve itself over time, of if the screen is permanently damaged.

Its probably still damp inside which will be causing the screen issue, if possible take the back off then put it back in the bowl of rice for a week somewhere both warm and dry - Mike

I had put the unit in an uncovered bowl of rice for 24 hours (it's supposed to draw out moisture), but that didn't help.

Hopefully rice.jpg, not rice_3kxyc.jpg, and definitely not Ambrosia_Organic_Rice_Pudding_425g.jpg!

How do you get the back off the XL 350? I don't see any fasteners to remove.

And yes, the uncooked rice is supposed to work better at wicking away moisture than cooked rice. I probably could also try DampRid moisture remover instead of rice.

There are two small TORX screws under the bottom label (the one with the barcode on).

Ask a Question