XL 350 changing maps

TomTom Model(s)
XL 350 2G TTS
I have a XL 350 with USA, Canada and Mexico maps. I'd like to buy Western Europe maps. but my TomTom does'nt have enough space.

I want to go in Europe with my TomTom.

My tom Tom is save on my computer in TomTom Home.

1-Can I erase my maps from the XL350 and buy and load the Western Europe map ?

2-And laters, after save Western Europe maps on my computer, erase it from my TomTom and load the USA,Canada, Mexico map on my XL350

3- If yes for those questions, should I erease the map only or the PI and Radar ......

4- Should I erase my maps BEFORE buying the new map ? Or this new map will be downloaded on my computer from the TomTom store ?

Thank's

Louis

You would use Explorer to copy your NA map folder to the computer and then remove it from the unit.

Then you purchase the European map but will only get offered zones as there isn't enough room on the unit for the whole map.

When you want to return to Canada, you then move the zoned map to the computer and copy back the NA map to the unit.

I just read your post , write in oct 2007 about that we should not trust HOME, for backup and restore.

The way you suggest , which it look better, seems not easy to do for me to be sure and safe.
I think I'm better to buy the 540 S WTE and sell my XL 350.

Thank's for your help

I think I'm better to buy the 540 S WTE and sell my XL 350.

Thank's for your help
In truth, you will do yourself a favor by picking up the 540WTE not just for the ease of switching between maps, but for the fact that you will get rid of that nasty EasyMenu interface of the XL350 and this will give you a lot of good features you have not had on the XL350. For example, if you wish to plan an itinerary of multiple stops, the 540 can do this. The list of improved features on the 540 vs. 350 is actually quite long.

Thank's for comment canderson. I 'll check for some good price to buy the 540 S WTE.
I'' lll go in Europe in 2 months.

What about the 540 S World Traveler Edition ? It look only avalaible on USA

Thank's for comment canderson. I 'll check for some good price to buy the 540 S WTE.
I'' lll go in Europe in 2 months.

What about the 540 S World Traveler Edition ? It look only avalaible on USA
I've been thinking about the use of the "S" suffix during this discussion and been a bit befuddled by it. You want the XXL540WTE, not the XXL540S for dual continent use.

In Canada, your option is the XXL540WTE (which of course, includes text to speech as all "S" models do). See that model here: XXL 540 WTE Series - Car navigation - TomTom

It's the same thing down here in the U.S.: XXL 540 WTE Series - Car navigation - TomTom

In both countries, there is also an XXL540S, but that is NOT the WTE edition with maps of both N.A. and Europe.

Ask a Question