XL 340S Not Starting!

Today I tried to turn on my XL340. It came on for a brief moment and then whet off again. It had been plugged into my computer via USB for weeks. Light on unit has been on indicating it was charging.

I plugged it into a different USB connection and waited 2-3 hours. Could not start it. I the reset the unit by holding down the On/Off button for 15+ seconds. The unit came on, for about 10 seconds and then went off again.

I am baffled. Anyone suggest a fix or should send it to TomTom for a fix?

Any help greatly appreciated!!!
pete

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, no need for the large font, we can see the post just fine ........

Have you made an Explorer backup of your unit's contents prior to this problem?

Can you connect to the computer but not Home? Can you try a different usb port, preferably on the back of the computer. Can you try a different cable?

Does the unit come on when connected to the car charger?

First of all, no need for the large font, we can see the post just fine ........

Have you made an Explorer backup of your unit's contents prior to this problem?

Can you connect to the computer but not Home? Can you try a different usb port, preferably on the back of the computer. Can you try a different cable?

Does the unit come on when connected to the car charger?

Sorry for the large font; didn't mean to offend anyone :>)
- Doesn't see home or computer.
- I only have original cable, but will try to connect to car.

Pete

Ask a Question