XL 340 S - Map cannot be used

Hello - I bought a TomTom 340 S as a gift for my parents. It works by itself. The 1st time I attached it to their MAC to create some routes I received a notice that it needed critical updates before continuing.

I downloaded the updates - 5 hours using DSL - but it would not install. I check and it was a new map that I don't have a promo code to access. I tried to remove the MAP but it is the only map in the system. I tried to look for a default map that may have been copied to the computer during the update (not enough room for two maps) and nothing.

Is there any way to purge the system and get back to the default settings?

Thanks,

p

If you did indeed download a new map update, you'll find it here: c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\ (or a similar path on a Mac).

So, make a complete backup of your unit's contents using Finder. Then, (if you DID see the new map where I showed you), remove the contents of the existing map folder using Finder but not the folder itself. Now, use Stuffit to extract the contents of the compressed map to the unit's map folder.

Ask a Question