XL 340 M help

i broke my screen and want to get my info off the GPS i plugged it in to the computer But i cant tap YES to connect to computer .... any way to bypass this? id like to get all my saved things off it.... thanks

Perform a reset of your device with it connected to your PC. Like many other models, I think this will force a connection to the PC without even asking whether you wish to do so. On the 340, the reset is performed by holding the power button for about 20 seconds until you see the logo and hear the drums start. Immediately release the power button when this occurs.

thanks that worked, i was able to "hopefully" back up the device on my computer, now if i get a new tomtom i hope i can send it to the new gps.... thanks

Before you junk it and buy a new one, have you considered buying a new screen?

The simplest way is to buy the combined screen and "digitiser" package (the digitiser is the touch sensitive bit).

If you buy them together, then swapping it over only requires one ribbon cable to be plugged into the main circuit board.

There are usually plenty of adverts for them on eBay, or if you add your location to your profile (or just tell us!) someone may know a local supplier.

Before you junk it and buy a new one, have you considered buying a new screen?

The simplest way is to buy the combined screen and "digitiser" package (the digitiser is the touch sensitive bit).

If you buy them together, then swapping it over only requires one ribbon cable to be plugged into the main circuit board.

There are usually plenty of adverts for them on eBay, or if you add your location to your profile (or just tell us!) someone may know a local supplier.

i was going to do that but i couldnt find the right screen for sure.... i had a used gps bought from an a hole on ebay and then he changed his mind and relisted it for a different price. :(

other than ebay i didnt find any

Ask a Question