XL 335 SE - Navigate via GPS Coordinates

TomTom Model(s)
XL 335 SE
Hey everyone, could use some help. One of the primary reasons I purchased the TomTom was so I could use it to navigate to GPS coordinates. For the life of me I can't figure out a way to enter in a destination via the latitude and longitute. Anyone able to help with this with the XL 335 SE? Is there an additional software download I have to do? (Official or otherwise.) I'm afraid if I can't get it to work I'm going to return the silly thing. :( Any help is appreciated.

Chris

No. I click Plan Route and then have the following options:

Home, Favorite, Address, Recent Destination, Point of Interest, and Point on Map.

There is no arrow to the right. I can also click Depart From and Cancel.

Chris

The XL335SE is a new model, specifically designed for Walmart. It is different from the XL335S which is available in many more locations. I was surprised when I first saw a 335SE in the store, as there was no prior publicity on it.

The XL 335SE has the 2-button EasyMenu interface from the new XL350. EasyMenu is a new interface, which is easier to use but has reduced features. It does not have a "Navigate to Coordinate" feature.

Walmart also has a XXL535T, which has the full non-simplified menu which includes "Navigate to Coordinates". You may want to try to exchange it for the XXL535T

Last edited:
Thanks, mvl. That explains it then......

I can't keep up.....:confused:

Glad you're around.

Rontuu - if you can give me an idea of what your actual use model is, we may be able to help you get that data loaded -- just using your PC instead of the front panel. I like the idea of swapping that unit out for the XXL535T, though.

Ask a Question