XL 335 SE looses GPS and reboots while in use

XL 335 SE TM looses GPS and reboots while in use. new item, in use 1 week so far. considering returning. Has anyone had similar problems?
Thanks.

XL 335 SE TM looses GPS and reboots while in use. new item, in use 1 week so far. considering returning. Has anyone had similar problems?
Thanks.
Out of box, that's not a good sign. If a unit had been in use for a while and had been updated, it would be another story. I'd return it. QVC or WalMart?

I just noticed similar behavior with mine also.
Everything seems ok until you lose GPS.
I had a heck of a time to get it to become sane again.
I eventually held the power button and it turned off.
When I turned it back on everything was normal.
Kinda looks like a software glitch to me.

@EmilG: Let us know if it misbehaves again after that reset. An unmodified / unupdated unit shouldn't do that, but ...

Did it again this morning.
I programmed my route from home to work and I noticed the traffic light was green although it did not have enough time to get all the data like before. It never picked up the GPS signal.
I did a reboot and all was good.

I can't remember exactly what I did but it may be related to the power being plugged in and starting the car. The 100's of amps drawn by the starter have to put a pretty big noise spike on the 12v supply, I wonder if that noise is getting into the unit and messing something up.

Come to think of it, it did happen once prior when I stopped for gas. I left the unit on and plugged in, it was working at the time. I then shut off the engine, got gas then started it up again. I needed a reboot to get it back working again.

The two times prior to today where with totally unmodified software in the unit.

I'll make sure I have it unplugged when I start the car and see if it happens again.

I pretty went through the same motions this morning getting gas and it worked perfectly.
Last time it was mounted in my car, I'm thinking I may have it too close to the top of the windshield which put's it under the roof a bit whereas in the SUV it's more in the open. Maybe the car has a weaker signal, it seems to take longer for the car to lock on in the morning.
Right now I'm not thinking anything is wrong.

I have version 9.061, is there a 9.161 or did you just do a typo?

Thanks for your help guys, I sure love this thing!

According to the TT website there is no v9.161, so I suspect it was a typo for 061.

Glad you seem to have solved the teething troubles and like the new toy! :)

Ask a Question