XL 335 SE looses GPS and reboots while in use

XL 335 SE TM looses GPS and reboots while in use. new item, in use 1 week so far. considering returning. Has anyone had similar problems?
Thanks.

Ad

Advertisements

canderson

TomTom Model(s)
GO720, GO740, GO 1535, Via 1535, Via 1605, GO 52, GO 600, GO 620, GO 630, GO Discover, TomTom Bridge
XL 335 SE TM looses GPS and reboots while in use. new item, in use 1 week so far. considering returning. Has anyone had similar problems?
Thanks.
Out of box, that's not a good sign. If a unit had been in use for a while and had been updated, it would be another story. I'd return it. QVC or WalMart?

TomTom Model(s)
Classic & 730 (daughters')
I just noticed similar behavior with mine also.
Everything seems ok until you lose GPS.
I had a heck of a time to get it to become sane again.
I eventually held the power button and it turned off.
When I turned it back on everything was normal.
Kinda looks like a software glitch to me.

canderson

TomTom Model(s)
GO720, GO740, GO 1535, Via 1535, Via 1605, GO 52, GO 600, GO 620, GO 630, GO Discover, TomTom Bridge
@EmilG: Let us know if it misbehaves again after that reset. An unmodified / unupdated unit shouldn't do that, but ...

TomTom Model(s)
Did it again this morning.
I programmed my route from home to work and I noticed the traffic light was green although it did not have enough time to get all the data like before. It never picked up the GPS signal.
I did a reboot and all was good.

I can't remember exactly what I did but it may be related to the power being plugged in and starting the car. The 100's of amps drawn by the starter have to put a pretty big noise spike on the 12v supply, I wonder if that noise is getting into the unit and messing something up.

Come to think of it, it did happen once prior when I stopped for gas. I left the unit on and plugged in, it was working at the time. I then shut off the engine, got gas then started it up again. I needed a reboot to get it back working again.

The two times prior to today where with totally unmodified software in the unit.

I'll make sure I have it unplugged when I start the car and see if it happens again.

mvl

TomTom Model(s)
GO 2535 LIVE, GO 1535 LIVE, GO 740 LIVE, Go 930
Have you updated to app 9.161? The out-of-the box software had a few bugs.

Ad

Advertisements

TomTom Model(s)
I pretty went through the same motions this morning getting gas and it worked perfectly.
Last time it was mounted in my car, I'm thinking I may have it too close to the top of the windshield which put's it under the roof a bit whereas in the SUV it's more in the open. Maybe the car has a weaker signal, it seems to take longer for the car to lock on in the morning.
Right now I'm not thinking anything is wrong.

I have version 9.061, is there a 9.161 or did you just do a typo?

Thanks for your help guys, I sure love this thing!

TomTom Model(s)
Go520,720,XL Live, Start60,Go940,950,1000,1005,New500,New5000
According to the TT website there is no v9.161, so I suspect it was a typo for 061.

Glad you seem to have solved the teething troubles and like the new toy! :)

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question