XL 330s 8.15 Maps.

Does anyone know why the 8.15 maps for the 330s are available to purchase from http://tomtom.com, but do not show up in TomTom home? I just recieved this GPS a week ago and would like to use the Latest Map Guarantee.

Home software is often flakey in amny areas .... including what version map is available for a unit.

So how do I get the latest maps? Most people wouldn't know new maps are available unless the home software told them. That seems a little shady to me.

Note - you should have already set up a TomTom account and logged into it on Home and selected "update my device'. You should also have allowed it to upgrade the application to 8.xx to have been offered 8xx maps. Home would not have offered to download new maps in any case if these were not done first.

if that does/did not work, then call support and be prepared to fax or scan/email in your proof of purchase to them. They would then manually add them to your TomTom account.

Also - read the posts as to how - do a complete backup copy of your unit as-is if you have not already done so.

So how do I get the latest maps? Most people wouldn't know new maps are available unless the home software told them. That seems a little shady to me.

I don't know about other people but in my case, Tomtom did send an email to me, introduce new set of map and try to convince me spending certain amount of money to buy it.

and btw, I don't think they offer v815 for ONE/XL device though since the v815 out there is bigger than 1GB.
I might be wrong though.

Ask a Question