xl 325S no map found red x

TomTom Model(s)
xl 325S
I have a TT xl325S, I recently signed up for the map update service and a new map. I attempted to download it and install it. When I did this it says not enough memory. In manage my device it says no items found. I thought I made a back up before this and my computer crashed and it was lost. I have windows7. So when I power the unit on it gives the red/white x. Any suggestions?

I have a TT xl325S, I recently signed up for the map update service and a new map. I attempted to download it and install it. When I did this it says not enough memory. In manage my device it says no items found. I thought I made a back up before this and my computer crashed and it was lost. I have windows7. So when I power the unit on it gives the red/white x. Any suggestions?
Am fading fast (long day), so I'll keep this short.

If you are still able to connect via USB and bring up Home, you'll be OK. Manually navigate to your TomTom in My Computer. Using Windows, delete the contents of your North American map folder (I forgot to check your location, but if you're elsewhere, same concept applies). Use Home to "Update My Go". It will discover you're a tad short on maps, and offer to upload your new one. With luck, there won't be a space issue this time around and you'll get the newer map in the available space.

Once things are running again, be sure to make a full backup of your TomTom using Windows, not Home ... more reliable results.

Last edited:
You don't need to know where the map is on the PC as Home should install it for you, but for completeness your map should be located:

MyComputer/ Documents/ TomTom/ HOME/ Download/ complete/ map/ North_America

- Mike

I checked that and Im showing that there is nothing in there, but when I go to update it it says that "your new items will not fit on your navigation device and HOME cannot free up more memory space."
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Did you use home to remove all but one computer voice and remove all the non-computer voices?

If not, move them to the computer and try the install again.

Ask a Question