XL 310 Canada - Mobile Charger Replacement

TomTom Model(s)
XL 310 Canada
My charger cable supply connector (the part that goes in the 12vdc car lighter) has broken and needs to be replaced.

I've not found anything on TomTom specific to this model for the charger and was wondering if purchasing a like-kind charger 3rd party would do the trick.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Find any "USB" vehicle charger capable of supplying 1 amp at 5V and has a compatible plug for your unit, and you should be OK.

Don't be fooled by that "Canada 310" info on the bottom your unit. That's a regulatory number, not a model. That's why you can't find that "model" on the TomTom site to match up with a charger. What you may have is a ONE XL. First two characters of the serial number will tell us for certain.

I'm thinking that the series under the bar coding to be the serial number:

GK5401---

...of course the 5 in that run could be an "S". Tom Tom is optically optimistic about folks being able to read such small font.<G Thanks!!

Dan Turner

Thanks to all!!

The XL310 arrived with a one piece...usb cable and the adapter for the mobile lighter.

I did find the model locator primer here...by accident.<G The XL350 tag made things a lot easier to locate a replacement. The spring loaded DC tip on the adapter popped off via a crack in the plastic so the multi-port usb adapter and cable package will do the trick.

Again, many thanks for the mods that are monitoring the new questions on this forum!!

Dan Turner
Conyers, ga

For info.... "Canada 310 " is definitely not a model number of any sort

It's a common mistake though, see the reply I just posted to another "Canada 310 owner" here

If TomTom produce a XL310 model (I don't think they have?), then the number match is pure coincidence, as my Go1005 also has "Canada310" on the bottom.:)

You might want to change your forum details to "XL350"?

Yeah, somewhere up there about posts #2 ~ #4...

I know... just the OP was still saying "XL310"

Ask a Question