X30 won't boot up due to cold spell

TomTom Model(s)
x30
Due to a cold night last night, my Tom Tom has decided to stop working. It will boot up to a certain level, but I already know that my favourites etc have disappeared as it's asking for setup info, such as voice gender, left/right hand, time etc. Which is a tad annoying.

However when I get to accepting either the standard male or female voice and press Select nothing happens and then it shuts down and starts the same boot up process to that point again. Round and round.

I've tried doing a soft reset by keeping the on button pressed, but this makes no difference.

I've never linked it to my computer either so what do i do anyone?

Thanks

Connect it to the computer NOW, and make a backup of the entire device memory using Windows Explorer. That way, if things get worse, we may be able to salvage your maps.
Instructions are in the "Articles" section at the top of the forum index page or click this link How to backup the contents of your unit to the computer.

Once you've done that we can walk you through reinstalling the software (or maybe trying a quick fix or two), again from the articles section....

Tomtom Acting Up? -Part 1 - First Steps In System Recovery

Tomtom Acting Up? - Part 2 - How To reinstall *fresh* Software using Home

Last edited:

Ask a Question