[X10] My Alternative Mount

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910, ONE V2, GO 920 GO 730 & iPad TT App
I've seen the info to do this mod from another forum and decided to do it myself. I gave up on the Arat mount from Germany and went this route instead. The total cost for the HR Global 2 Mount was $20 shipped from ebay.
1625.jpg

The mount also came with the dashboard mount.It didn't take that long to make.

Sorry about the quality of the images, it's late and I used my crappy camera phone.

I took out the suction part of my old mount off leaving it with the metal rod. To take out the ball, you will need torx screw driver: T8 & T6. This can be purchased from Home Depot for around $6.

I removed the top part of the HR mount and threaded the original rod to fit in there.

I even used the new mount design with the lip but with the original rod. The rod with the new lip is tilted and not straight. I can take better pictures.

I didn't have problems with drooping, but my mount has been cured from the shakes. No more vibrations and it's firm! :D

Last edited:
Cool~

I always like these mounts, they are more "stable" on bumps.
However, remember to hide the mount in the evening if you park outdoor overnight.
Someone broke into my car last month and stole my Magellan Roadmate 700 :( , when the thief saw the mount on the dash board and searched the car and found the unit inside the glove box.
That's why the insurance company got my new TomTomGo 910~ :D
But now I bring it back home everynight, just to be safe~

Hello and welcome. thanks for the comment.

I never leave anything in my car. I take everything down in my TT GO Bag.

Pedro: How does the global mount adhere to the dashboard vinyl? Got a link to the E-bay product? I read about "torx" drivers. Can you describe them? I might have them in my Stanley tool set.

Not using the windshield has the advantage of bringing the device closer for viewing, right?

The global mount has better suction than the OEM mount.
I'll find the ebay link and Private message it to you.

Pedro:

May I send you my alternative mounting solution so you can post it? That would allow you to reduce the file size to something "legal" for this forum.

Ask a Question