Wrong places

My husband travels around NJ doing about 700 miles a week. He just switched from a broken 720 to 730 and is complaining about all the errors in places that were correct on his old 720 (with an older map than the 835.x we have now).

He says it's putting destinations on the wrong street. For example, I entered 617 Union Ave, Brielle, NJ and the route ended on Route 35 near the point where it should have turned left onto Union Ave and continued for a block or 2.

Yes, I did report this error on my 740's connection to Home. But my husband is so upset since he depends on the GPS daily. I wonder if anyone else is finding many errors in locations. (I don't mean POIs but actual streets addresses).

My husband travels around NJ doing about 700 miles a week. He just switched from a broken 720 to 730 and is complaining about all the errors in places that were correct on his old 720 (with an older map than the 835.x we have now)..
After setting up the 730, did he with HOME set his preferences at Tools --> TomTom Map Share?
The default for Select trust level with HOME 2.7.2.1825 is Strict.
I am still using an 815 map and it showed that I had 1.9 MB of Map Shares but that 6.7 MB were available.
I tried to move the Trust level to Low but it wouldn't move.
I then went to Select countries and after updating those (USA, Canada and all the individual States) the Trust level had moved to Low and I was able to update to the full 6.7 MB.

This may not be the problem but could be worth a try.
Arno

My husband travels around NJ doing about 700 miles a week. He just switched from a broken 720 to 730 and is complaining about all the errors in places that were correct on his old 720 (with an older map than the 835.x we have now).

He says it's putting destinations on the wrong street. For example, I entered 617 Union Ave, Brielle, NJ and the route ended on Route 35 near the point where it should have turned left onto Union Ave and continued for a block or 2.

Yes, I did report this error on my 740's connection to Home. But my husband is so upset since he depends on the GPS daily. I wonder if anyone else is finding many errors in locations. (I don't mean POIs but actual streets addresses).

When you turn on your unit where you live does it alway show this location when you turn it on. When I go to map corrections on my 920, I then go to correction preferences, I check verified by tomtom , trusted sources and many users. I leave unchecked by some users. This gives me some security on mapshare corrections. If you go to the same place all the time and you add favorite as MY LOCATION. which is a GPS point. will it take you to the correct location.. I am using 835 maps and it works really well on long island.

After setting up the 730, did he with HOME set his preferences at Tools --> TomTom Map Share?
The default for Select trust level with HOME 2.7.2.1825 is Strict.
I am still using an 815 map and it showed that I had 1.9 MB of Map Shares but that 6.7 MB were available.
I tried to move the Trust level to Low but it wouldn't move.
I then went to Select countries and after updating those (USA, Canada and all the individual States) the Trust level had moved to Low and I was able to update to the full 6.7 MB.

Are you suggesting that I make the mapshare less secure so I get more corrections? It is on the strictest secure right now.

Are you suggesting that I make the mapshare less secure so I get more corrections? It is on the strictest secure right now.

Yes, that is what I am suggesting you try.
It is not like a virus entering your system.

If it does not improve anything you can always increase the security setting.

Yes, that is what I am suggesting you try.
It is not like a virus entering your system.

If it does not improve anything you can always increase the security setting.

OK - I'll set it somewhere in the middle and see. I didn't say it's a virus, I was asking if it was suggested to do.....

OK - I'll set it somewhere in the middle and see. I didn't say it's a virus, I was asking if it was suggested to do.....
As I had just expressly suggested to do that, yes, it was suggested to do so.

This has nothing to do with security. Let me explain.

There is a short section of street the Township dug up and posted that it will last 'til some time in November. This is a very important link between two thoroughfares during rush hour.
If several hundred MapShare corrections come in pointing out the road being blocked in both directions temporarily, they may pass this on as Many users, somewhere below the middle of the range.
If I am the only one reporting the blockage it will only go to those who allow Map Shares by Some users.

If you have set your Map Share to Trusted users and you are in a dead rush, you just may miss your appointment because IQ Routes did not take the compulsory detour into consideration.
Who's the looser?

Nothing to do with security.

I from NJ and I'm familiar with the Brielle area. The TomTom Route Planner has the same error as reported by the OP and here's the kicker. Testing a block of addresses 600-699 Union Ave, Brielle, NJ shows that the even numbered addresses show correctly on Union Ave, but the odd numbered ones show up incorrectly on Rt 35 which is several blocks away. How do you report this blatant error?

Ask a Question