Wrong directions.....

OK, so new here but I have been "trying" my new ONE out with locations I know to see how much I can trust the directions and I gotta tell you, here where I live I would NEVER find most of my locations correctly, it seems to get me close, but cant read roads correct, and I've tried it on 2 different makes of vehicles and it just get things wrong. It tries to take me into roads that are dirt roads, off major hiways, and doesn?t have some major freeways here right, but does show them correct but the directions are wrong so often that there would be no way I would trust it to get me around.
Any thoughts as to what may be the issues? Frankly, if it doesn?t get fixed, this thing it going back and I'll try a Garmon, if that fails then I?ll let the bugs get worked out for another couple years, and buy/try again then.
I have spoken to some friends who said they had the same issues and gave up on them. SAY IT AINT SO JACK!!!! cause I love it when it gets it right but, cant trust it if it cant even get me down the busiest freeway in Alberta!!!!

Have you tried calling support? I haven't had that bad of an experience with my ONE.

Out of curiosity, does the unit have Hammerhead or SiRFIII chip?

Anyone else in Alberta experiencing the problem?

No logo so I guess the other chipset.

I called support today and thier response was "thats wierd" and did a reset and nothing changed so I guess it just doesnt work in western Canada properly. I had a friend with similar issues and he gave up on it. I think I will do the same and return it. Its alot of money for an unreliable map.

It couldnt find the hospital here and kept wanting me to go north when it was south of me a 1/2 block away. In the end if you cant trust it to do what it's supposed to then it really is no good.

Frustrated in Canada.

Ask a Question