Wrong Country in Tom Tom One

I have the Tomtom one 3rd edition . But for some reason it is set to a place in GUAM. But I am in USA! It won't find me on the map at all. I've updated it. I tried to reset it without any luck can anyone help me? :(

I have the same problem...WTF?

My ONE XLS worked perfectly out of the box, then it went to hell after dealing with tomtom HOME, whatever version now, and all of the updates for map 715, then sounds vanished, tonight I am stuck with ONLY the Guam map, I don't don't freaking need Guam...I want my USA 715 back, or it is going back to Office Depot with "No maps found!"

I just bought it April 1st and it has been a PITA! The files, if you explore the drive in Windows, when hooked up, should be "hidden files" to prevent accidental screw ups!

I want my 715 map back, or at least the 714 that came with it 30-31 days ago! :mad:

under 'change preferences' there is an option to change or manage maps. select this and then select the usa and canada map.

Had to format the whole device!

:eek: I found another post that showed what another tomtom owner had to do to get his XLS unit working again, last night, or more like this morning at 2AM.

I tried the reset with the paper clip, no luck...USA map was showing in contents, but not an option to choose under manage maps.

I had to format the whole device with Windows. YIKES! I was nervous as ****, because I had never done a back up, but have now.

I formatted the tomtom drive :L/ on my PC, then started up tomtom home, hit update my device, and it re-installed all of the operational data, including voices (except for Susan and the other computer guy, but I installed them from HOME too.

I have my 715 USA_Canada map back and working, the touch screen works again, and I have my TTS Susan back.

Thank God! I have to find that guy and buy him some beer, or whisky...as I have a HUGE Got 2 Love It fishing tournament this weekend and have to get to the launch ramps, usually in the dark and sometime THICK fog!

What a lifesaver! (What a way to get my tomtom One XLS working again!) Whew!

Thanks again, Jason Dicks :)

Last edited:

Ask a Question