Won't power up unless its pluged in? HELP!!!

JDM

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v3
Ok i dont know why my tomtom ONE wont power up unless its pluged in the charger or the computer. i have also try resting it and it still wont work. any help or suggestion is appercatied.

Hate to ask the obvious, but did you charge the internal battery for the specific length of time before trying?

I also would like to add that you make sure the power button is pressed and held down until you see the splash screen come up. (This is of course after you have charged the battery).

Hate to ask the obvious, but did you charge the internal battery for the specific length of time before trying?

Yes i did for about 2 hrs.

I also would like to add that you make sure the power button is pressed and held down until you see the splash screen come up. (This is of course after you have charged the battery).

i did i held it for over a min. and still nothing. it only works when its on teh charger. but i got it to work once with out the charger then it just died and back to the same situation.

Try a hard reset.

i rest from the bottom of the ONE. is that how you hard rest? how?

Oh, and I just noticed, your profile says you have a ONE v3??

I think it the v3 when i plug it to my computer it say tomtom ONE v3

I think it the v3 when i plug it to my computer it say tomtom ONE v3

It has been known the HOME app gives faulty information. When I connect, it says it's a v4. The TT1 v3 is the newest model and I don't think it has been given a release date AFAIK. I think the easiest way is to see if you have a v3 is if SiRF logo appears on the bottom of the device. If you have it, then it's a v2.

tried that and nothing...hmmm

It sounds like a defect, is it too late to exchange?

When it's plugged in, does it indicate it's actually charging the battery?
Does the battery show a full charge?
If you turn it on while plugged in and then remove plug, does it stay on or go off?

It sounds like a defect, is it too late to exchange?

yes its about a month old.

When it's plugged in, does it indicate it's actually charging the battery?
Does the battery show a full charge?
If you turn it on while plugged in and then remove plug, does it stay on or go off?

yes it does indicate its charging. yes it does show full charge when its pluged in. if i pull the plug on out of it. its goes off with no power.

well guys i just got my tomtom one back today sooner then expected. I was shock that they sent me a brand new one factory sealed. i think its the V3 version havent opened it yet but i will once i get home from work. thanks for all the help guys! oh yea got one more question i order the updated dvd map for my old unit will that dvd still work for my new unit that i have now? or do i have to order another one? or does the actvation code have to match with the unit itself?

Last edited:
well guys i just got my tomtom one back today sooner then expected. I was shock that they sent me a brand new one factory sealed. i think its the V3 version havent opened it yet but i will once i get home from work. thanks for all the help guys! oh yea got one more question i order the updated dvd map for my old unit will that dvd still work for my new unit that i have now? or do i have to order another one? or does the actvation code have to match with the unit itself?

One your box, does it say 1GB internal memory? If it does, you have the v3.

I believe you can use the product code from the dvd update to install on your own unit. I think once you activate it with your device then you can use the code anymore on another unit.

Ask a Question