Wont let me enter house #s on a certain street

TomTom Model(s)
GO730
The address city is Markham (Ontario Canada)

The street is Carlton Rd.

I am unable to select any street # subsequent to entering the street name as my 730 automatically jumps to "What type of route should be planned?"

:confused:

And it is even impossible to enter any cross street with Carlton as again the unit jumps to planning the route.

:confused:

Can any of you reproduce this event? OR seen something similar for a different address?

Have a 720 with map 7.10 and firmware 7.481.

No problem getting to and entering street numbers. Try a pin reset, I guess.

Have a 720 with map 7.10 and firmware 7.481.

No problem getting to and entering street numbers. Try a pin reset, I guess.

Thanks for checking. I did do a pin reset and back to "normal" i.e. able to route to the specific #.

Just curious dhn, how often have you had to resort to a pin reset with your 720?

Last edited:
Probably it is because that adress dose not exist in the map. It happen often to me on certain streets when they did the map, that house din't exist. And they din't update.

Just curious dhn, how often have you had to resort to a pin reset with your 720?

Not too often. Doing so results in a reboot of the system. Turning the unit on and off really isn't. It's really just putting the unit into sleep mode.

Same as a computer in that sense..... which essentially the unit is, isn't it?

Ask a Question