Won't Let Me Add a POI to Existing Categories

So, I just tried to add a POI to my device via Manage POI's, Add POI. It wanted me to select a category for my new POI, but it would only allow me to select from categories that I added to the device--not from any that came preinstalled on the device. Can you not add a POI to a TomTom-created category?

That's AWESOME, however, I do NOT have all those categories as "default" in my XL-S. Is there a way to add those default categories?
As it stands, and hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong, there is no way to take a personally made POI file and get the whole file of POIs to be shared into MapShare... Right? So what a person would have to do (and I've done this once already - but it is time consuming) is add my POI file, then select each one, change map, add missing POI and then fill in all the information again... There is no other way to do this, correct?

I really wish TomTom would either let modders do their thing, or to hire someone who understands what their "more demanding" customers want to do with their TTs... :)

So, I just tried to add a POI to my device via Manage POI's, Add POI. It wanted me to select a category for my new POI, but it would only allow me to select from categories that I added to the device--not from any that came preinstalled on the device. Can you not add a POI to a TomTom-created category?

The simplest way is to just go to 'Map corrections' and then 'Correct a map error'. There you can add a single missing POI to the preinstalled categories. Thats the easiest way if you just want to add a few in your area that didn't come preinstalled.

The simplest way is to just go to 'Map corrections' and then 'Correct a map error'. There you can add a single missing POI to the preinstalled categories. Thats the easiest way if you just want to add a few in your area that didn't come preinstalled.

Yes, much better! thanks. Why, why does tomtom have to make this so hard?

Ask a Question