wont connect to my computerhttp://www.tomtomforums.com/images/smilies/mad.gif

Hi everyone, newby here. I inherited a tomtom one from your father. I have installed the disc etc. When I plug it in, it wont connect with tomtom home.
I am running xp. I really want to update maps and put in safety/speed cameras for Australia. HELP Greggy

You got a GPS from my father? Wow, that was nice of him. The guy hasn't ever given me anything in my life - yet he gives you a GPS! Are you one of his many kids from his many wives?

:) :) :)

Kidding aside, ensure that your firewall is not enabled (or add TTHome as an exception). Make sure you reboot your PC after installing TTHome. Is the PC not seeing the GPS? Or is it seeing the GPS, but TTHome is giving you a server error?

thanks for the advice.

1/ as far as i know my firewall is windows defender. can't see anywhere to turn it off.

2/ it appears to be allowing tomtomhome so it should work.

3/ its not seeing the GPS at all.

anymore help greatly appreciated

You can start by posting some info like map version you have and firmware version. but upgrading map's is not free, just the updates for the map you have installed currently.

Ask a Question