Wont boot up

TomTom Model(s)
Go 940
I updated my 940 yesterday for the first time in several months, this included a map update. Since removing from the computer i cant get it to boot up. It just stays on my start up screen and every now and then tries to roboot just to stay on the same screen.

I have reconnected it to the tom tom home and everything is fine until i disconnect and try to turn it on.

Has anyone else had this problem and how can i solve it. I will gladly go back to factory settings and start again if i need to and someone tells me how.

Before a factory reset, there are other options to try......

1. Reset the unit by holding the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

2. If the above doesn't help, connect the unit to the computer.Start Home. Use the emulator (Operate my 940) and add a favourite. Disconnect properly from home using the Device Disconnect icon. Any better?

3. If the above doesn't work, make an Explorer, not Home backup. If not sure how, see here: https://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer-how-restore.html. Then delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents. Connect to Home and install the application offered. If it is not 9.430, then you may have to go through the process again till it does offer 9.430. Disconnect properly from Home.

Ask a Question