WNRO on 6 April 2019

TomTom Model(s)
930T
I have a Tom Tom 930T

I got this email-

Due to the upcoming WNRO on 6 April 2019, the performance of your device will be impacted.
While we no longer offer content and service updates for your device, we have made an update available that addresses the GPS Week Number Rollover (WNRO).
TO UPDATE: Connect your device to your computer. Click the ‘update now’ button for instructions on how to update your device.
Important note: When you connect your navigation device to your computer, you will see a pop-up stating that it is not possible to make the update.
This is normally the case for devices for which we are no longer able to support, but as this is an external issue related to GPS WNRO, we are offering a
software update. Close the pop-up and continue with the update.
UPDATE NOW

I followed the instructions.

Can only see these updates-

updateWNRO.jpg

Is the QuickGPSfix that is going to fix the GPS Week Number Rollover or what ?

Thanks

Zhong

No, it's the application (the first item listed) which is mandatory (can't be unchecked).

No, it's the application (the first item listed) which is mandatory (can't be unchecked).

In beginning before I connect it prompts me to choose the internal memory or external sd card. Which one am I suppose to connect to , to do the WNRO fix?

How do I know if I have enough memory to install application to?

Thanks

Zhong

Last edited:
Before the update you should be on App 9.540 and after on 9.541.
As you see the update is a minor one.

Easy way to check memory is connect to PC, internal and SD will be shown as 2 different Drive letters.
Right click on that letter, click Properties at the bottom and it will show the size of the drive and the amount used.

I would select Internal and if Home says not enough memory back out and pick SD.

So I updated this-

latestupdate1s.jpg
latestupdate2s.jpg

So I updated the WNRO fix now?

Everything should be working ok now?

How do I know what was installed to internal memory and what installed to sd card?
Does it matter what was installed in each memory ?

So I won't be able to update anything more in the future on my 930T?

What I did were the last updates for my device 930T ?

I can't use Tom Tom Router Planner anymore on Firefox on my Windows XP p.c.?.
I use to be able to. Now nothing appears.

Thanks

Zhong

Last edited:
Application always goes on internal. Yes, it appears you are ok for the WNRO application.

So I updated this-
So I updated the WNRO fix now?
It seems that the One-time-update was the WNRO fix.
Please check and tell us what operating system is installed.

Everything should be working ok now?
Yes, it should.

How do I know what was installed to internal memory and what installed to sd card?
Does it matter what was installed in each memory ?
You don't know unless you made a complete back up to you PC before and after you made the changes and compare the contents of each file.
dhn already replied that the WNRO update went to internal.

So I won't be able to update anything more in the future on my 930T?
You should be able to install Map Share corrections through Home anytime they are made available. It is a good habit to connect to Home at lest every 2 months.

What I did were the last updates for my device 930T ?
TomTom will still supply important maintenance updates if they think it is necessary.
Maps and Operating System feature updates have not been available for your 930T for some time now yet, TomTom felt it importand to supply the WNRO update.

I can't use Tom Tom Router Planner anymore on Firefox on my Windows XP p.c.?.
I use to be able to. Now nothing appears.
Cannot help you there. I never liked Routes.

Thanks

Zhong[/QUOTE]

The new O.S. version shows 9.541

So that is the latest and final for my Tom Tom 930T ?

Thanks

Zhong

Yup, you are as up to date as you can be with that device at this time.

Do you have a BlueTooth remote control with yours?

Yup, you are as up to date as you can be with that device at this time.

Do you have a BlueTooth remote control with yours?

No I don't have BT remote control with mine. You mean a physical remote control? Why you ask?
What can you do with it?

I did however try to connect the Bluetooth from the gps to BT radio so can play out from car speakers.

Thanks

Zhong

Last edited:
Yours is newer than mine. The T for traffic came out later.
Mine came with BT remote that allow to do all tapping functions without pointing, while keeping the hand on your lap.
It ate batteries. New one was dead in 30 minuted because it constantly searched for a pairing. They withdrew it because of that. They could have solved the problem by simply adding an On/Off switch. I left the back off and popped up the battery and it lasted a year.

zhong said:
I can't use Tom Tom Router Planner
Instead of planing routes I just saved cities (Center) and before getting there selected the next, for the fastest way through or around it using the remote. No reaching and no outward hint of distracted driving.

I performed the Update on my 920T last night and it either crashed or disconnected from USB half way through. Now the TomTom boots up but looks like it's looking for the OS on the SD card and no SD card is inserted. The 920 doesnt appear as a device in the TomTom Home software, I'm on a Mac. I can see the drive in Finder. Tried all sorts of tricks, have got to the boot, white text, but ideally I think i just need to change the boot order to back to the drive?

Thoughts? Or is it a dead duck?

@Arno
As you know, I'm not home, so no resources here to help. Do you have a copy of your 930 WNRO update firmware that you can supply to digitalvt? Might be worth just copying the unzipped *.cab of it raw to his device's root to see if it will solve his problem. Should be no issue putting 930 code on the 920 device.
If that doesn't work, it'll have to wait until next week when I get back.

Sorry, no cab files at all.
It was a brief blip and I didn't realise that it was updated until I got the message to update bout a month later.
When checking the device I found to be on 9.451 instead of 9.450.

That blip happened around January/February. The attached came in on April 4 !
It was black and unreadable but could be opened in a browser.
When I open it now they want to sell devices and other stuff.

WRNO_Update_Message.jpg

I wonder what would happen if he just unpacked a zip of your system and ttsystem files into the root of his device. As I recall, x20 and x30 files were fully harmonized at some point long ago.

Here is the ttsystem file, dated 2019-01-20. Couldn't find the build or parts of it with Notepad.
Had to zip 8,022 KB to attach, even though it only got 24 KB smaller. Attachment too large.
To which other system files are you referring.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 06-07-19 at 03.00 PM.JPG
    Screen Shot 06-07-19 at 03.00 PM.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 253
Probably OK with just ttsystem, but it is possible that a new system file was sent as well. If yours has a recent date, you would want to send that as well. That's the low level code. I don't know which code does the date manipulation.

Yeah, we need to get Ian to provide special dispensation to moderators for file sizes, zip in particular. I had forgotten how limited it is.

I cannot find a "system" file. Would it be named something else?
The January 2019 ttsystem file on SD is only 2 KB larger than the November 2016 on Internal.

The update was small and minor. Give him a shot with the newer (2019) ttsystem to see if that gets the job done all by itself. If I was home and could look at my 720, I'd know for sure.

Ask a Question