WM(outlook) contacts as destinations?

I just noticed that you can use WM(outlook) contacts as destinations. Any idea how they work if you have a hosted MS Exchange account? I guess what I want to know that if I get a contact pushed to my phone how easy is it to use in Tom tom?

Sprint Touch(WM6)

Thanks

What I could still recall is that while in Contacts, tap on a contact until a drop-down window appears and the option Navigate to should appear. Please note that my PDA was running WM5 but NAV6 creates a folder called Tomtom Contacts Navigation which contained 2 dlls.

I just noticed that you can use WM(outlook) contacts as destinations. Any idea how they work if you have a hosted MS Exchange account? I guess what I want to know that if I get a contact pushed to my phone how easy is it to use in Tom tom?

Sprint Touch(WM6)

Thanks

For this to work, I think you will need to copy your Outlook contacts to the phone contacts. I avoid Outlook as much as possible, but the real key is that the Tomtom software looks at the contact list in the phone. If your phone contacts are there, in Tomtom, use navigate to, then use the right arrow thing and select contact. You can then select the appropriate contact, and the software should have no problem.

^What i think I'm talking about is similar to Google maps mobile. Once installed if you are in your phones(WM) contacts you can select it(options I think) and it will open Google mobile maps with the contact plotted and ready to get a route. If Tom tom could also do it, then anytime a contact gets pushed(MS exchange) it would be available for Tom tom.

I'm really looking for a way to send addresses via wireless data to a PND or smartphone!

I'm really looking for a way to send addresses via wireless data to a PND or smartphone!

I'm not familiar with US mobile phones, but here in Europe, all phones have the possibility of sending the entire contact details (as long as it is saved on phone memory and not on SIM card), sometimes called send business card via SMS, email, BT or IR. The receiver can immediately save the "business card" to his/her phone.

Ask a Question