Wishlist for professional car mount

TomTom Model(s)
930T
Here's my wishlist for a professional mounting adapter for the TomTom. Does such a thing already exist?

* Rock solid mount, held with real screws, nuts and bolts, instead of just suction or glue. It would look similar to the existing docking station that is provided for the USB connection to the computer for TomTom HOME. It would be designed to rest on the car dashboard, within easy reach of the driver.

* Easy attachment of the TomTom to this mount (just shove it in, or pull it out, as with that USB mount, no additional wires to plug in after mounting).

* All-in-one connector, like a laptop docking station, that would have all the necessary wires already included in it

* Powered directly from car power, continuously, without blocking the cigarette jack

* Ability to hook into the car's existing FM antenna, by using the car stereo cable that's under the dashboard already, for reception of RDS-TMC traffic data

* Ability to inject audio into that FM cable directly, to the car stereo, without needing to transmit it through the air

* Optional use of external roof-mounted antenna (like XM/Sirius receivers already use) for better GPS reception that would never be blocked by the car roof or windshield tinting

* All wires would go underneath the mount and down through the dashboard, and be hidden from view, providing a clean professional appearance

I'd gladly pay money for something like this, if it existed....

I do not know of any such mount that might be available and I am sure TT does not make an EOM version that meets your specs. Some various models offer portions of the list but none even close to everything that I am aware of...but I do share your frustrations. A couple of years ago we were all asking for a mount that would simply keep the unit from sagging downward. X10 series had that problem for a while before TT corrected it. It offers prewired, sort of, in that the based had direct wiring to my radio for audio out, an input for my ipod, a dc input that a local stereo shop wired without using a 12v outlet in the car who at the same time hid all the wires, it would accept an external antenna or the traffic module (not both at the same time I think) and you simply lift out the 910 and were ready to go. But that does not help you. Maybe TT will take a look at your list.
Let's see what others have to say about their wish list.

Here's my wishlist for a professional mounting adapter for the TomTom. Does such a thing already exist?

* Rock solid mount, held with real screws, nuts and bolts, instead of just suction or glue. It would look similar to the existing docking station that is provided for the USB connection to the computer for TomTom HOME. It would be designed to rest on the car dashboard, within easy reach of the driver.

* Easy attachment of the TomTom to this mount (just shove it in, or pull it out, as with that USB mount, no additional wires to plug in after mounting).

* All-in-one connector, like a laptop docking station, that would have all the necessary wires already included in it

* Powered directly from car power, continuously, without blocking the cigarette jack

* Ability to hook into the car's existing FM antenna, by using the car stereo cable that's under the dashboard already, for reception of RDS-TMC traffic data

* Ability to inject audio into that FM cable directly, to the car stereo, without needing to transmit it through the air

* Optional use of external roof-mounted antenna (like XM/Sirius receivers already use) for better GPS reception that would never be blocked by the car roof or windshield tinting

* All wires would go underneath the mount and down through the dashboard, and be hidden from view, providing a clean professional appearance

I'd gladly pay money for something like this, if it existed....

Go to ProClipUSA.com
this is one of many, and is a two part system, most if not almost all of your requests can be met.
TomTom: GO 930

Avoid cables over your dashboard and always keep your battery fully charged with this high quality custom made Holder. It has a neat and discreet design, and keeps your device in an upright position for better reception. A straight power cable is permanently attached to the base of this Holder so you can ?hard wire it? behind the dashboard. The Holder also has a connector/port permanently attached to the base for plugging in any cable that fits your device. When your device is slid into the holder it connects to the cable plug. The Holder angles 15 degrees for optimal viewing. Easily slide your device in/out of the holder. No more fumbling around for your device. Provides for safer driving when viewing, accessing and operating your device in your vehicle​

http://www.proclipusa.com/default.asp

I have been using them for several years on several diffent models including my iPhone, and Samsung phone with the TT920 all on the same mount center of dash for my Ford, no problems

I HATE the mount that came with my TT 330XL. It continually falls off the dash mount plate. I use my TT for work and have to remove it from the dash at each stop I make (usually up to 6-8 times a night). I have cleaned the plate and the cup numerous times but it still falls off. I paid too much for my TT just to have it become a paperweight because some designer can't design a trustworthy mounting device. I bought a Sony device as a backup device and its mount will stay in place NO MATTER what. However the device software for the SONY is useless.

xl330 mount

My original mount kept falling off. I discovered a pin hole in the suction cup. I put super glue over the hole and it worked well. TT replaced the mount and it also works well. But in the mean time I did as DHN says and picked up a mount that I really like. It is very sturdy, and extends further back from the dash which reduces a sunshine problem.

Check out Ram Mounts. I had one for my 60CSx and it was excellent and comes with a lifetime warranty.

Ask a Question