Wireless Data Connection Setup

I'm trying to manually setup a wireless data connection on My Go 720. The first question I'm being asked is Access Point Name. Any idea what that might be? I'm an AT&T wireless (formerly Cingular) customer and I'm using a Blackberry Pearl (8110)?

Thanks in advance...

I'm trying to manually setup a wireless data connection on My Go 720. The first question I'm being asked is Access Point Name. Any idea what that might be? I'm an AT&T wireless (formerly Cingular) customer and I'm using a Blackberry Pearl (8110)?

Thanks in advance...
Not sure what you have done so far.. but... you might want to go HERE for some pretty good initial setup instructions.

As for the Access Point name... just choose one you like (i.e. make it up). I know it's confusing :)

-J.D.

Help- BB8310 with AT&T

Hozle, if you find a solution please let me know and I will do the same. I alson have AT&T with a BB8310.

Thanks in advance...

For AT&T MediaNET, these settings should work (they do for me with a Sony Ericsson W580i):

APN: wap.cingular
Username: (e-mail address removed)
Password: CINGULAR1

At some point, you'll get asked for a "number" to dial or something like that. Just leave it at the default, which for me was something like #99*

Last edited:
The access point name can be whatever you want it to be. You are simply naming the connection. For those with Telus Blackberrys:

Access Point: Whatever
Username: Blank
Password: Blank
Dial out Number: #777

Ask a Question