Windshield mount for 540 XXL?

Can someone recommend a car mount for the 540 XXL? I have been using a bean bag mount but I am dissatisfied with how it works. The device is not secure and swings from side to side and sometimes falls off. I need windshield dash mount that will hold the 540 securely in place. I looked on the Tom Tom site but there is nothing there. Thanks!

The MountGuys have good products and their prices are very descent. I bought a mount from them 2 or 3 yrs ago for my TT 3rd edition when I had problems with TT's original windshield mount.

I agree with dhn in that the 'easy port' mount works good with my XL. I attach it to the windshield high and right of the rear-view mirror where the windshield is tinted (can't see much of the mount from outside). AND, the visor on the passenger side can still be used. Took a little while getting used to it however.

I'm surprised you are having issues with the EasyPort mount on that model. I find it pretty good. Are you sure you are turning the dial completely to the lock position? (There is a small, difficult to see, lock icon on the wheel thingy).

In any event, try here:

Garmin GPS, XM, Sirius, Magellan GPS, Lowrance GPS, TomTom GPS, MIO GPS & RAM GPS Mount Authorized Dealer at MountGuys.com

It's not the EasyPort mount that is the problem. I have it locked in place. It's the bean bag. There is nothing to secure the 540 on to it. I just sort of place it like a "V" and have it sit in the beanbag mount, and because it is not secured, it is loose. I'll give the other recommendations a look. Thanks.

It's not the EasyPort mount that is the problem. I have it locked in place. It's the bean bag. There is nothing to secure the 540 on to it. I just sort of place it like a "V" and have it sit in the beanbag mount, and because it is not secured, it is loose. I'll give the other recommendations a look. Thanks.
Doesn't the bean bag have a plastic disk where you can attach the 'easy port' mount to? (see image below)
CM12-TomTom3-1.jpg

The easy port will turn 180? easily for attachment.

I haven't used that mount you linked to, but I did use the one below for the 3rd edition... but this one accommodates the easy port connection. Never had any complaints with this one. Stayed on my windshield for months.

Car Dash / Windshield CUSTOM Mount for TomTom XL 325 325SE 325S 330 330S 335S 340 340S 22 EUROPE IQ

TTEP115-XL-2T.jpg

Hope this helps.

Yep, that's almost the same one I used with much satisfaction (minus the easy port connection).

Ask a Question