Windshield Mount Falls Off

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One
I did a search, but could not find a thread related to this issue. I have my TomTomOne about a week and the suction cup mount only seems to hold for a few hours before it pops off. Any suggestions? Thanks.

What you really got to do, at least for me, is I really push the stem of the mount toward the window real good so it gets a good seal.

I have driven over 2hrs and it hasn't fell. Also, when I park my car in the garage and leave the mount on the winshield (i take my TT1 with me of course) it's still hanging on when I get up in the morning.

Ive always found that a good clean window helps the most. I usualy use some sort of auto glass cleaner then go over it again when it dries with alcohol then let it dry and go over it again with a lint free cloth. Ive had good luck with the 3m or scotchbrite cloths you can pickup for your glasses. If you do it fairly often it also prevents your windows from fogging up as much.

-Sean

Oh yeah and dont clean the mount itself with alcohol. Alcohol could dry it out and make it harder to stick. I would clean it with warm soapy water.

-Sean again

agreed... a clean window is all you need. Any type of film on the window will prevent adequate seal on the suction cup.

I know there are many people that have had issues with this mount however I have not. It stays attached all the time as I virtualy never remove it. I agree with digital-flex about pushing the stem to make it stick really well, at least that's seems to be what has worked for me. I do remove and attach the unit as needed and it has never fallen off because of that either.

I haven't had a problem with mine yet.
I attached the mount to my windshield since the day I bought TT ONE,
and I usually leave my TT ONE in the car on the mount.
It has been about a month now, and don't have problem with it.

Sounds like you have been given great suggestions. My TT mount has been attached to my camry hybrid windshield since I received the replacment mount last fall. I cleaned the suction cup with mild soap and water and wiped the area on the windshield down with alcohol. The concern that we have on the forum is that leaving the mount in place sort of puts up a sign telling would be tt-nappers that one is there.

Ask a Question