Windshield installation for TomTom XL 330S

The installation instructions are too simplistic, no text accompanies the pictures.

Is the EasyPort GPS Mount supposed to remain on the windshield while the main unit itself is removed via unscrewing and popping out of this? Or should the entire EasyPort mount come off the winshield when the GPS is removed? I can do this by slipping my fingers under the suction cup on both sides, but it appears that the main unit can also be rotated out of the GPS mount. Please help! Thanks -

The choice is yours, whatever you are happy with, either pulling the unit from the windscreen mount leaving the sucker in place or turn the rotating part of the sucker mount and release the mount attached to the device taking all of it with you. I don't like attaching the device to the easy port mount so I tend to pull the unit complete with the windscreen sucker unit - Mike

I dont leave anything on my windshield because of theives, never show anyone that you have a GPS in a parking lot, two of my friends car window broke down by theives cuz they left the holder on the windshield.

Hello,

I bought a tomtom xl some time back. I have managed to get the easyport mount to stick to the window but it is pretty much trial and error and when i reattach the easyport mount after deattching, it falls a couple of times before i get it right.

Hence when i leave the car in the evening, i remove the tomtom from the easyport mount. After a few months use, the removal of the tomtom does not seem to be smooth as i feel that it erodes the plastic of the easyport mount. Lately i feel that it is becoming more difficult to reattach the tomtom to the easyport mount. Do you guys feel that the easymount is "breaking down"

is there a particular way to remove the tomtom from the mount (some button press, particular twist..)

Would appreciate help on this.

alternative to windshield mount

Hello -

I'm not in the professional business of advocating product purchases, but I found the easyport mount problematic and not intuitive. I also didn't want to mess with concerns about imprints on my windshield for fraudsters.

I saw an alternative at Best Buy and then went online and purchased it. It's a friction dash pad holder for any windshield-mount GPS. Visualize an inflatable tube with a base, with sand inside the inflatable portion which allows it to lightly form itself on your dash, like a saucer. Just set your GPS inside it, using the Easyport as a stand. You can then position the GPS any direction you want, and when you're done, just remove it from your dash. No muss, no fuss. It was an extra $18 total (including shipping) but for me well-worth removing the frustration of the Easyport lack-of-ease.

You can maybe get them cheaper; this is the model I bought. Good luck!

Amazon.com: Navigation-Mat GPS Friction Dash Pad: Electronics

Last edited:

Ask a Question