Window mount ball joint getting old (suction cup fine)

The window mount of my TomTom (One v2) is getting old (it's the one that came with it several years ago) and it can't hold the TomTom up anymore, after a few minutes it is practically pointing at the ground and I have to readjust it again. I searched for window mount problems, but all of the ones I found had to do with the suction cup, which has always and continues to work fine on my window mount. I was wondering if there is anything I can spray on the window mount ball joint to help it hold better (sort of an anti-lubricant)? I thought of using crazy glue on it, but then it wouldn't be adjustable at all.

-Harry in Orlando

I had the same problem.

There are two small philips screws at the back of the bracket that holds the TT. Tighten them up (not to much) and it should be perfect.

I was having a similar problem. I noticed the mount with the screws on it had a crack. I could not tighten...and eventually just bought a new mount from mountguys.com

Ask a Question