Win 7-64 issue with Home

TomTom Model(s)
go 720
I had Win7 Pro 64-bit installed professionally. I downloaded the latest Home2 app and installed but the install fails:
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIFile.create]" nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://tthome/content/logic/fileUtils.js :: ensureDirExists :: line 86" data: no]
Stack:
0. function ensureDirExists chrome://tthome/content/logic/fileUtils.js:89
throw new CreateDirError(e, dir);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/settings.js:61
ensureDirExists(downloadItemsDir);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/settings.js:112
return this.downloadItemsDirs[1];
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/model/ttNavItem.js:560
gApplication.settings.downloadTempItemsDir;
4. chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/installSelectSome/installSelectSome.js:728
return serveritem.download(progressCallback, extendedSuccessCallback, extendedErrorCallback);
5. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:79
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
6. function _startCommitFunction chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1054
{
7. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1018
}
8. function onPageChange chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:681
]]></body>
9. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:467
}

CAUSE: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIFile.create]" nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://tthome/content/logic/fileUtils.js :: ensureDirExists :: line 86" data: no]
in chrome://tthome/content/logic/fileUtils.js:86
Stack:
0. function ensureDirExists chrome://tthome/content/logic/fileUtils.js:86
dir.create(CI.nsIFile.DIRECTORY_TYPE, 0775);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/settings.js:61
ensureDirExists(downloadItemsDir);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/settings.js:112
return this.downloadItemsDirs[1];
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/model/ttNavItem.js:560
gApplication.settings.downloadTempItemsDir;
4. chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/installSelectSome/installSelectSome.js:728
return serveritem.download(progressCallback, extendedSuccessCallback, extendedErrorCallback);
5. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:79
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
6. function _startCommitFunction chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1054
{
7. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1018
}
8. function onPageChange chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:681
]]></body>
9. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:467
}
I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times to no avail. I originally had a problem getting an updated map of NA. After several weeks, TomTom made the map available to me but I ca,t get any further. I tried to install Home2 in the XP partition but nothing happened when I tried to execute the install.

XP Compatible

I tried to install Home in the XP environment but after the download, nothing happened when I clicked on the download file.

I tried on my XP laptop and the connection to the TomTom server timed out. I seem to be screwed in all directions!

When you go Start-->run-->services.msc and scroll down the list, do you see a reference to TomTom Home service being automatic AND running???

There is a a posting on the TomTom site re: Home 2.7 crashing. It recommends deleting the Local and Roaming TomTom folders. I renamed as opposed to delete and Home started OK. I connected my 720 and the download is currently running.

Last edited:
Home 2.7 started successfully, downloaded the NA map and installed it and Quickfix.

Now doing an IE backup so I can continue updating to get my favourites back plus speech working.

Ask a Question