will ttv3 navigate to a location??

i drove off road abit off the main road and saved a favorite and when i tried to navigate back there it said "no poi found"the location is saved in my favorites but wont let me see it.can the ttv3 only navigate to adresses?i thought it would at least navigate me to the end of the road thats on the map.thanx:confused:

I'm not sure from reading your post if you were still on a road on the map, or were you off the map.

If you set a Favorite off the road, TomTom doesn't like it and may get confused. It expects you to be on a road.

For example, some people have tried to set the location in the middle of a large parking lot. But it often doesn't work. They have to set the point at the lot entrance while they are still on the road.

the off road add on does a good job off road navigation. It does not do turn by turn but it can get you to a way point that it not on a road. Also, from what I understand you can scan in a map and put it on your tomtom and it will show you where your are. but it will always show north up.

What is off road addon? Also one would think that saving a poi as longitude/latitude while in a parking would work but it doesn't. In my case it saved a intersection nearby as the poi. Evidently TTs don't like being off mapped roads.

Try Browse map/Favorite ... then Cursor/Navigate To ... instead of a direct 'Navigate To'.
If that still doesn't work then click to a nearest point that has a road, to relocate the cursor then repeat the above.

It looks like they still haven't fixed the garbled screen when you try to enter the setup menu :(
The garble problem with the V7 software seems to affect all of Webazar's setup screens. It's TomTom?s fault, not his!

While I haven't used Off Road, I've been successful in manually editing the config files on a couple of his other programs. For example, this let me reset the GMT offset in Tripmaster when we recently went back to Standard Time. You will find one of these files in each program's folder on your TomTom. They are all readable in Notepad and pretty easy to comprehend.

Webazar

The garble problem with the V7 software seems to affect all of Webazar's setup screens. It's TomTom?s fault, not his!

While I haven't used Off Road, I've been successful in manually editing the config files on a couple of his other programs. For example, this let me reset the GMT offset in Tripmaster when we recently went back to Standard Time. You will find one of these files in each program's folder on your TomTom. They are all readable in Notepad and pretty easy to comprehend.

Oh yeah, I'm not blaming the guy, I was just hoping that he would have come up with a fix for it by now. I wonder if Tom Tom planned to garble his programs...;)

I haven't been around TomTom long enough to know the whole story. It would be interesting to hear from somebody who has, or who has gotten TomTom's official side of the story.

From what I can gather, they once offered a Software Development Kit (SDK), which provided interfaces into their system for use by third-party developers. Webazar and others used this to create some really nice applications. But then when TomTom moved to the V7 software, they did things that broke some of the interfaces. And they simultaneously announced that they would no longer support the SDK, leaving the developers and users stranded.

My impression of this is that it was extremely unethical conduct. I think that TomTom has made a mess of the entire rollout of the V7 software, V2 TomTom Home, and the changes to its hardware line. Badly planned, badly executed, and badly supported.

I have an extra sd card that I put the version 6 software on with the small guam map and loaded the tripmaster and offroad software on and I just switch the sd cards out when I want to use those.

Great Idea

I have an extra sd card that I put the version 6 software on with the small guam map and loaded the tripmaster and offroad software on and I just switch the sd cards out when I want to use those.

That sounds like a great idea!!! I wonder if I saved version six on my computer...

Ask a Question