Will Nav7 Support Nav6 Maps?

I recently purchased a Tilt phone with Nav7. I did down load my one complementary map but would also like to purchase Nav6 US-western region map. I just do not know if it will load. I think my complementary map is a nav 6 since there is no Nav7 USA maps as of date... Im just not sure.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nylo

I thought that might be the case, but did not want to say so as i was unsure.

Nav 7 was supposed to only be available for devices on one cell phone carrier in Europe. What PDA model is it and is it unlocked?

Several posters have been interested in getting set up with Nav 7, so having an idea of what works might help them out.

As for me, I am staying with regular device for now, and only use free GPS stuff on my PDA's.

I thought that might be the case, but did not want to say so as i was unsure.

Nav 7 was supposed to only be available for devices on one cell phone carrier in Europe. What PDA model is it and is it unlocked?

Several posters have been interested in getting set up with Nav 7, so having an idea of what works might help them out.

As for me, I am staying with regular device for now, and only use free GPS stuff on my PDA's.

Im running WM6.1 8925 (Tilt). Im pretty sure Nav7 was hacked on to this phone. Still I would like to purchase the W. US map but am still unsure that it will work.

Call support and ask. See if they will agree to refund you IF you can't load it.

Problem is - it most probably will work, but they may tell you it won't (because they may not know, as they do not support it here).

But you won't know either way until you call.

Call support and ask. See if they will agree to refund you IF you can't load it.

Problem is - it most probably will work, but they may tell you it won't (because they may not know, as they do not support it here).

But you won't know either way until you call.

I have just come across this problem. I have been running TomTom Navigator 6 on the HTC Touch Pro for some time and noticed I could buy a map of Singapore which I visit regularly. When it came to downloading the map, a separate free update for HTC users was included so I downloaded and installed that as well. This turns out to be an upgrade to version 7.910 which looks great compared to version 6 but the trouble is, it no longer finds my Western European maps which came with my TTN6 nor even the Singapore map I purchased. From what I am reading here, it sounds as though I need to uninstall TTN7 and reinstall TTN6 but is there an easy way of doing this? I have so much on my memory card, the thought of having to copy it all back on again is daunting! I have not heard from TomTom support for 4 days now.

Navigator 7 Maps and Installation issues.

I have just come across this problem. I have been running TomTom Navigator 6 on the HTC Touch Pro for some time and noticed I could buy a map of Singapore which I visit regularly. When it came to downloading the map, a separate free update for HTC users was included so I downloaded and installed that as well. This turns out to be an upgrade to version 7.910 which looks great compared to version 6 but the trouble is, it no longer finds my Western European maps which came with my TTN6 nor even the Singapore map I purchased. From what I am reading here, it sounds as though I need to uninstall TTN7 and reinstall TTN6 but is there an easy way of doing this? I have so much on my memory card, the thought of having to copy it all back on again is daunting! I have not heard from TomTom support for 4 days now.

I have spent the last 2 weeks with TomTom advanced support to find that Navigator 6 Maps of the US and Canada for my HTC Tilt with Navigator 7 installed will not work. I can get as far as seeing the USA folder on my device but the device will not see the Maps. Not sure why but spent several calls to Tomtom to finally get them to issue a refund for the Maps which originally they said should work with my device however is simply not supported here in the states. The problem is that Navigator 7 isn't in the US so the only people that really know about it are in the UK and to talk to them per Tomtom you have to pay, screw that! Since Tomtom told me the maps would work I made them work with me and since we couldn't find a fix I had them issue me a credit and return for the software which thank goodness I ordered directly from them.

Get this.... They told me HTC Tilt with windows mobile 6.1 is not supported with Navigator 5 or 6, that sucks! I own the entire Navigator 5 set and now can't use it with Window 6.1 and I can't get any maps for the Navigator 7 version that is built into my ROM....what to do? I might get copilot 7 which seems to be good with wm 6.1.

Ask a Question