Will my Live services work in England?

I have a Go 740 TM Live that I bought in the United States. I recently found out that my company will be transferring me to England for three years. If I purchase the Western European maps for my unit, will the Live services work over there? I realize that the two are not connected, I am just wondering if it is more economical to buy the European maps or if I will have to purchase a European model for all of the features to work.

I'm not 100% sure, but I bet it won't work.

US 740's use Jaspar SIM cards. European Tomtoms all use Vodafone SIM cards. I doubt Tomtom would set up a system where they'd pay Jaspar roaming fees in Europe.

I'm not 100% sure, but I bet it won't work.

US 740's use Jaspar SIM cards. European Tomtoms all use Vodafone SIM cards. I doubt Tomtom would set up a system where they'd pay Jaspar roaming fees in Europe.

From all I read, you are absolutely correct. Since in UK far more models are available supporting live services than in the US and they appear now to be coming with 1yr of live services included, I'd either sell off or gift my US version and buy new there, so there are no issues with missing live services, traffic cams, etc.

But that's just what I'd do if I were going to be there several years.

Right now for am upcoming vacation, I have the eu map i need, and will just live without live services for three weeks..

Ask a Question