Wifi: Connected, no internet

@goto10 @pran105334 Perform the below steps and it should resolve the issue:

a) First, fully charge the device through a wall charger.

b) Make sure the device is NOT connected to a computer.

c) Kindly go outside where there is a clear view of the sky and let the device connect to the GPS signal. Let the device boot completely and wait till the navigation arrow on the map screen turns Blue (which indicates that the device has a valid GPS signal).

d) Once done, then try to connect to Wi-Fi and test. NOTE: The GPS unit should not be connected to a computer. You can connect to a wall charger.

e) Please do not connect to the Wi-Fi networks mentioned below:

Public Wi-Fi
Guest Wi-Fi
Office Wi-Fi
Restricted Wi-Fi.

Last edited:
Hello all, Maurizio here from Rome, Italy.
Bought a Discover 7 Pro directly from TomTom, they clòaimed it has "world maps"
Delivered today, "Europe maps"; I need the USA as well.
Thank you for solving my "connected, no internet" problem.
Now I have to understand how to download the maps of USA as I can find no "download more maps" menu option

Hi

To add a map from another country, just go to -

The Tomtom must not be connected to the computer via the USB cable, otherwise the "Add" option will not be highlighted.
To add a map from another country, just go to
Main menu > setting > Maps & display > Downloaded maps > in the right corner you will see the option > Add

Hi

To add a map from another country, just go to -

The Tomtom must not be connected to the computer via the USB cable, otherwise the "Add" option will not be highlighted.
To add a map from another country, just go to
Main menu > setting > Maps & display > Downloaded maps > in the right corner you will see the option > Add
Yes, just figured out how ! Thank you !!!

Hello,

I urgently need help with my new TomTom Go Expert 6. I bought this item on amazon recently, brand new. I tried to connect the Wifi to sat nav via phone, home broadband wifi and nothing works. I even tried doing it via different phones. I have no idea how to solve this...

The message I receive is "Connected, no Internet". Has anyone have the same issue or had the same issue and found a solution?
Too bad that TomTom official website has removed all of the help topics as they might have been useful.

Thank you in advance
Hi, I had the same issue with a new TomTom in March and, as someone below has already posted, I had to go outdoors and get a GPS signal on the device. Then it all worked OK and connected to the internet. Strange.

Maybe not so strange. Different regions of the world have slightly different spectrum and power levels within chuncks of spectrum allowed for WiFi. Could be the device wants to know where 'home' is before deciding what spectrum it will try to use? Might save having to use region specific firmware?

Thank you so much I followed what you all said after I can't tell you how many hours of frustration and have now linked the wifi following what you said
xxx

I'm not sure if you ever got your issues resolved but I thought i'd post in here with one potential solution after finding myself experiencing this issue and being frustrated at a lack of closure on this!

I'd had this issue with a device bought this Christmas as a gift and ended up having to contact TomTom for some assistance. On your first time setup, you have to factory reset the device, ensure the device has an hour or two of battery charge and step outside to "activate" a GPS connection. You'll know when this has worked as the grey arrow on the map screen, centred on London, will update to a blue one at your current location.

Once you've done this, you can connect up to Wi-Fi and it should work!
You genius!! Thank you!

Thanks for posting this solution.
Yes, it only started working for me once I had the GPS connection working, (so when the Grey arrow turned Blue), i had to take the device outside for five minutes to get this to work.

Indeed this is clearly a software bug. But the solution is easy.

Ask a Question